Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Mock Interview

Status: Last Monday, I was shocked with the news on the notice board which informed that all the medics and dentistry students will have a mock interview session on Tuesday and Wednesday.

The panels were the previous ky headmasters and some of them I was quite uncertain.
So, my session was yesterday with Mr Tony Finch at classroom 2.1 at 2.40 pm.
On that day, I think, most of MARA students will be interviewed by him, so I asked Effah whose session was in the morning about her interview. From Effah's way of telling me about hers, Mr Finch seemed to be a nice person. Effah was asked about the ethical issues of abortion and euthanasia. Being not so sure still about my interviewer, I asked Anep and Husam for their feedbacks too after solat Zohor. Hahh, nampak tak kegigihan aku di situ mencari maklumat. Anep dengan Husam told me that the person was very nice as they felt the interview was a chill conversation between two persons. 
So, relief I was for a moment.

2.20 pm

I was waiting at the common room waiting for my turn after my friend, Amalina.
I supposed to be interviewed at 2.40 pm but I was called earlier and enter the room at 2.30pm.

Me: *knocking the door
Mr Finch: Come in. Please be seated. 
Me: Good afternoon sir. How was your lunch? (I smiled sampai rasa lenguh plak)
Mr Finch: Great, the food was delicious. So, you are Nur Syifa.............. And you are going to read medicine. Are you?
Me: Yes I am. 
Mr Finch: (he read my ps and asked things according to my ps)

Basically I think I can answer most of the things about my ps as I only wrote what I knew and what I experienced.

Mr Finch: The university, in order to find a student to be recruited, they want someone who is committed and who they think will not say, "I have been trying for two years and I don't think that I want to do this anymore". Medicine is a sacrifice. Do you think that you are a committed person and how are you going to prove it?

He also asked me about my job attachment. What have I gained from the experience?

And I was not asked about any ethical issues. Oh, but I was asked about the comparison of healthcare in Malaysia and UK. And some about the bedside manner. Lastly, he asked me if I have any question for him and I asked about, "If I am planning to do attachment or housemanship in Uk, am I allowed to?" and  some other questions yang I can't remember the exact details.

Fuhhh, the interview finished after 35 minutes which exceeded the scheduled 20 minutes for the interview. Luckily, I masuk quite awal. Alhamdulillah, it was a nice experience. Thank you Mr Tony Finch. He was a teacher at KTJ and now he live in Seremban. We talked about my hometown too. hehehe...

Hope to do better for the real interview. InsyaAllah. Amin....

No comments: