Saturday, July 13, 2013

Once upon a time during Ramadan

Bismillah


Being able to celebrate Ramadan for the whole month, insyaAllah, is one very rare occasion. For years, seven years to be exact, I was not able to enjoy Ramadan at home, Alhamdulillah, this year 2013, I am finally at home! Selalunya sempat berpuasa di rumah dalam 2-3 hari macam itu jer. Due to living in boarding school and college. So, this year is going to be a blast!

I like performing terawikh at the Masjid Al-Ahmadi which is the mosque in front of my house. I grew up in there. When I was a kid, my friends sekampung and I always gathered at the mosque after Asar to play games. We played polis sentri, lompat getah, hide and seek, and other traditional games there. The mosque's compound is very spacious, so, we declared it as our favorite spot besides the padang nearby. 

There was one Ramadan, probably when I was a five years-old-girl, I went to the mosque during solat terawikh and prayed only two rakaat of terawikh then I got tired and took off my telekung. After that I went out of the the tempat solat, to find out my friends were gathering di bahagian belakang masjid. They are playing 'lompat-lompat' from one color of the carpet to another. (you know that karpet di masjid kan ada garisan-garisan dua warna untuk memudahkan proses meluruskan saf). And the level gets tougher, macam main lompat jauh, to see who jumped the furthest. Well, I had no idea why they were playing that game but kids,,,, they invent games out of random things.

So, I had no mood to play along so I just sat there and watched them play. But unfortunately, they became very loud with the laughter and screaming, there was one angry pakcik came and scolded us all. Some of us managed to slip away, but I was one of the victims. Padahal aku duduk tercongok je tengok dorang, pun terkena tempias. weyhehe.... 

And he said to us, if we'd ever came again, make sure to stay quiet to respect those who pray.
After the witir, there was announcement advising parents to take care of the children and if possible do not bring along under-aged kids to the mosque. My umi then lipat maut berpaling kat aku dengan jelingan lagi tajam daripada Tan Sri SM Salim or Ct Nurhaliza unruk memastikan adakah pengumuman itu ditujukan khas untuk aku. Ha ha

Now, masjid di depan rumah sudah melami banyak proses peng'upgrade'an. The compound is getting smaller due to tambahan binaan-binaan and the best part is, the masjid now have airconds weh. Dan dengan itu ia menambahkan kekhusyukan aku tatkala solat dalam keadaan sejuk dan nyaman. Hah gitu... Eh riyak. Astargfirullah. 

Hehehehe..

But still I missed Masjid Semesta in Faris Petra. The only masjid that I'd ever experienced yang jemaahnya almost always exceed the capability of the female prayer room sampai kena hampar tikar kat bawah untuk makcik2 outsiders untuk solat. Tu pon sebab semua pelajar kena paksa pergi masjid for Terawikh. Hahahahahahahaha

Ok Bai. Eh Bye.

No comments: