Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Duke of Edinburgh #1

Bismillah. 

Status: This post is about my expedition when my friends and I went climbing a hill, Bukit Kutu at Kuala Kubu Bharu. So, for those who allergic to greenery scenery, rocks and height, just close this tab with no doubt. Should I warn you, this post is very long. Do grab some snacks and air kotak milo while reading ek. Hehe
Music: Daylight by Maroon 5

My team, Bronze 9, consists of 6 young, fragile, noisy but yet strong determination girls. We are myself, Azie (red shirt), Mas (light blue shirt), Jida (specky girl, with white tudung and brown girly hat), Tikah (black tudung) and Syida who was the one who taking this picture. 

Pagi-pagi dah muka mengantuk. HUH

We gathered at Azie's chalet as early as 6.30 am to make sandwiches for our lunch to eat at the peak of the hill. The journey by bus to the place where our task started was about 40 minutes. Then, after we reached the place, we walked passing by perumahan orang asli. There were so many dogs and they were quite scary. hehe.. 

What a beautiful day for hiking


The gap of masa pelepasan for each group was 15 minutes. My group started our journey was probably at 9.15 am. Each group will be guided by two experienced men, some of them were orang asli. As for my group, we got Rambo and Bob for our guide/guard. They were so so so baik and fun. Azie said, they were baik and sweet. But as for me they were baik, not scary baik. Dorang macam abang abang sikit, eh banyak. And we fought a lot during the journey. All of us. As if I asked, "Lambat lagi ke nak sampai?" and Rambo will say, "Sikit jer lagi dik, sikit jer. 5 minit. Tak tipu, 5 minit." And how on earth that I walked almost 20 minutes was his 5 minutes. I said to him, "Bang, jam rosak eh? Dari tadi 5 minit tak sampai-sampai pon!" 

This is serious. This Bukit Kutu was very steep. It was like I climbed a 140 degree steep hill. And what you need to persevere this task was you should really have enough stamina. Like seriously banyak gila stamina. I thought I had enough but I guessed I was wrong. This was my very first time going hiking. So, I do not have any expectation on how tired is tired and how difficult is difficult, till I tried it myself. Of course, Mr Boler already said, this will be tough, but yes, as I said I have no idea at all how tough is tough. 

Jida yang sentiasa lawa.

I think I should spill on this. I vomited at some point during the hiking. Rambo said I drank to much water and yet I did not dehydrated as much as I drank. So, I got a little 'semput' at my stomach. Haha. Thinking about it again, it was really funny, because all of my team-mates seemed worried and they asked me to pakai segala ubat, dari bam hingga minyak cap kapak. I said to them, I am okay and can move on. Rambo then asked Bob to carry my bag, which made my day. Come on, the bag was so heavy, 20 kg! But Bob said, "Eleh, ni pon berat? Kitorang selalu bawak yang 50 kg, tak da apa pon." Huh eksyen. Then I went, "Bagus lah, tolong pikulkan lama sikit ek." Hahaha. As we exchanged bag, I only carried his 500 g small bag. Yeay! 

But after enough rest, of course lah I carried my bag balik. I am not that weak. (*nak cover). During the journey to the top of the hill, we (our group) met a sweet old couple, we called them, the mighty pakcik and makcik. They maybe 50 or 60 years old maybe? But the fact that they still went hiking amazed me so much. The pakcik was very cool and kind. We joked along the journey. Whenever we met while we rest, I said to him,"Pakcik, kita kawan dua orang lah. Kita letih sama-sama yer." and he will laughed and said, "Kamu tu orang muda, patut lagi banyak stamina nya, Pak cik ni naik sikit je semput." And Jida will sambung, "Lebih kurang jer kita ni pakcik, kami ni dah nampak lagi semput daripada pakcik hah." He was so cool, that he always said, he let Makcik walked in front of him, so that if Makcik jatuh, he can sambut. So sweet. Hahaha. Unfortunately we had no pictures taken together with the couple.

One of our rest stop was a huge rock shaped like a cobra. When I said huge, it was humongous huge. 
Here, I felt like I already at the peak, I didn't know why but there were so many people resting here making me, "Yeay! Dah sampai!" till Tikah said, "Syifa, ni rest stop jer la". Uh.

See, there were so many not-Ky people when we reached here. I really thought
this was the peak. =.='

Bronze 9!

And we also sempat kejar, a Silver team tau. Sampai our guide, bragged, "Biar dorang pegi dulu lah, nanti kalau kita jalan dulu, malu pulak dorang nanti". And honestly I think, what made me still carry on walking and climbing was that I always believed to what Rambo and Bob said. If they said 5 minit lagi 5 minit lagi, then I said to myself, rite, 5 minutes more, sikit jer lagi. No matter how many times they tipu us, that brought us to the peak which was Subhanallah cantik.

We reached the peak!! 
Subhanallah. =)
Alysha, the model of the Bukit Kutu

They journey of going down the bukit was much more tougher. As I said,it was very curam kan. And we had to slide to go down. And we had to hold the trees around us so that we won't fall. There some of my friends who terkena duri when holding the trees. Luckily I didn't. But my tapak kasut tersangat-sangat lah tidak mencengkam tanah for the journey down the hill. I fell on the ground so many times, but not just me. All of my teammates jatuh banyak kali jugak. And everytime when one of us jatuh, all of us will burst into laughter. And I will say, "hah, gelak lah lagi gelak." HAHA. It was very funny. 

Thanked to Rambo, as he said he was with Mr Boler when he opened the new trail, so, he was a big help. He showed us the way out and leaded us like a pro. There was one time where there was a sarang peringat (insects like bee) in front of us, and Bob got bitten by it, he asked us to used the safer road so that non of us will get hurt. Baik tak? Okey, maybe I seemed exaggerating, but if you were in my shoes on the other day, you would know how baik they were.

Alhamdulillah. We were not even sesat, like D-uhhh.. And Alhamdulillah, we reached the kaki bukit at 6.45 pm which considered early. And it was not very dark at that time. Alhamdulillah. And I have this kinda guilty feeling in me, still have it today, that I forgot to say thank you to both Rambo and Bob. Because when we sampai di kaki bukit and saw Ky bus was already waiting, I became so excited, like "Ohmaigad ohmaigad, bas dah sampai!" And all of us just straightly went to the bus, totally forgot about our guide. Buruk betul perangai anak-anak dara ni. Then, we all felt so menyesal and bersalah about this. Mmm.. Apa-apapun, to Rambo and Bob, terima kasih weh. Sorry sakat korang jer kerja aku. Lepas tu banyak komplain itu ini semua. Hahaha (as if they read my post like memang tak lah)

Well, this was part 1. Wait till I collect the water rafting photos from Mr Boler for part 2. 
Bye bye.

Beautiful scenery as soon as we successfully turun from the hill. ^^

DOE Bronze 2013 teams

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Salam ada kenal x mana mana guide yg bole bawa kami naik bukit kutu? Kalau ada no tepon lagi bagus?

Unknown said...

Salam ada kenal x mana mana guide yg bole bawa kami naik bukit kutu? Kalau ada no tepon lagi bagus?