Sunday, February 24, 2013

Diamond in the mud

Bismillah..

This a quick update from my Duke of Edinburgh Expedition Bronze Level.
Alhamdulillah Alhamdulillah Alhamdulillah.
I can't say much more thank you to Allah swt, for letting me through this expedition with perseverance, joy and thankfulness. 

I went to two days expedition.
Day 1: Climbing a bukit. And then, went down the bukit. It was very curam and the tiredness of me to go against the gravity was so beyond what words can describe.
Day 2: water rafting expedition. Again, this was my first time. I am so damn afraid yet excited.

If non of you have know this, I have so-called phobias. The top on the lists are water and height. And can you make a general conclusion from my expedition? 

This was a remarkable experiences for me. I was enjoying myself. Alhamdulillah. Despite any difficulties, I do not experience any injuries except for my usual skin-allergic when it came to deal with well or river water. My skin got red spots but this time was not as serious as the trial expedition. Alhamdulillah.

Will talk more about it as soon as I got to collect all the pictures from my expedition.
\
The peak of the bukit that I had climbed. Do you remember the scene from The Lion King where Mufasa  walked along the pride rock with Rafiqi and he got to see all of his kingdom? Yes, that was the feeling. Just Subhanallah.

4 comments:

fatimahmuhd said...

expedition ap tu syifa?

IamCIPA said...

Mm.. Gano nok oyak eh. It is called Duke of Edinburgh Award which is an international award for self development program. Dia melibatkan physical activity, community service, and skills. So, saya kena buat semua tu dalam tempoh 6 months ntuk direkodkan. Yet the final and the most difficult part in this award is this expedition. Masa expedition ni kena masuk hutan, daki gunung,and navigate the jalan by ourselves. If salah jalan means sesat! And biasa laa tidur dalam khemah, masak sendir tu.. Huhu.. NAti saya tulis lagi psal expedition ni ek. =)

Oh, why am I doing this? Sbb Award ni is recognised worldwide and very famous in UK. So, it was good for my application to med school.

fatimahmuhd said...

ooo...interesting :)
btw,gdluck syifa ;)

Unknown said...

hi, can i know how to contact the guides?
Can you kindly sms their contacts to me?

-Gary-
016-6300405